Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k Ph1 – console removal over hand throttle

antilogick ยท 2024-03-01 11:58

Howdy, This is my first post asking for assistance. I have owned a dirty 580b for a several years, and my stars finally aligned with a 580k - 4600hrs, has clamshell, etc, and overall average and nonabused. hopefully minimal headaches arise. How do I take off the rubber knob on the hand throttle? I have started to destroy the rubber trying to get it off the handle. This is to remove the console/dash to replace the relay there. Or must I cut the dash? I have a Phase 1, and I DO have a 4-block fuse attached near the starter with 3 of the 4 spots used. I assume this is fuse block at engine model. Otherwise how do I know which electrical schematic I need to be referencing? While I was testing out the machine. I turned on all the cab components. They were all working. until i turned them ALL on. Like a kid would do. The Tach, and hours, and Alternator light, and the voltage meter still work but all other components and the heat died. I read past posts so far and can pretty safely assume this was due to me blowing the relay in the cab. I am trying to remove the dash/console. Electrically the machine looks pretty virgin and there is a spare relay on board which may offer a swift replacement. Unless the experienced guys on this forum disagree, while in there, I will clean up the connections, elbow grease, QD electronic cleaner, and apply dielectric grease. It overall looks pretty clean peering past the console. future questions and issues I will be looking up and requesting: looking for access the digital versions of manuals, acquired the full hardcopy manual set but also want digital. (can PM those that look the friendliest) The button neutral and fast cycle buttons don't work. the assembly seems to be open/exposed under the machine so that isn't surprising. The 4wd engagement is broken where it levers against the tranny housing. 4WD will still engage and work by hand under the machine. Install engine block heater. Tips on completing my 100hr service and cylinder rebuilds myself. Manuals seem pretty thorough! Thanks everyone I look forward to using the past forums and engaging with the current members and forums!

Replies5
  1. #1reganj2024-03-01 21:07

    The only help I can offer is one of the first things everyone seems to want to know is what is the serial number of the machine?

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2024-03-01 22:50

    You are correct about the cab relay probably being the issue. There are screws that hold the console to the fender that should be easy to accessible the knob on the hand throttle will come straight off with a little help.

  3. #3Tinkerer2024-03-02 07:14

    If you need a new nob.

  4. #4antilogick2024-03-02 09:38

    Great thanks gents! I now know what to break. The ball knob is very stubborn but can be sacrificed.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2024-03-05 17:36

    Wrench n hammer