Someone here asked about a 580K electrical diagram. I want to 2nd this. My wiring is a mess. The gauges don’t work, the lights don’t work, not sure if it charges the battery properly. So if anyone has one I am sure that many of us would be very grateful. Thanks in advance. This forum has proven to be invaluable.
I have the diagram for the 580SK, but I think it is different from the 580K. I mention this in case you buy a service manual. Be specific it is for a K. If they are the same I can/will you email the pages for the SK.
Joe, PM me your email address.
Mine is from Case. It has on the first page Case Construction King 580K Parts manual. 1/5 into it there is a heavy glossy page with nothing printed on it. It then becomes a service manual. The 580K comes with several diagrams. Center console differs from side console, EROPS differs from open ROPS, Detachable hoe is different from fixed, and there are some without the big fuse block beside the engine. Mine is the 6" thick book. What do you need.
Good info, Willie ! I'm surprised your book is a parts book combined with the service manual. Without a posting serial number we can only make a guess as to which series or model of any given machine someone is inquiring about.
The set was not cheap.
No,they are not cheap. I guess that is why so many folks come to HEF without one. The parts books are scarce. If the mfrs. ever take them off-line they will skyrocket in price.
Mistakenly, I have the operation manual and not the service manual...this book doesn't even cover the shuttle shift..( unless mentioning or writing shuttle shift qualifies) Even with the electrical stuff, it is difficult to figure out what to do after someone replaces some parts of the electrical system and leaves the other half intacked. Even with the layout schematics, there are different colors and gauged wire sizes...oh boy! You either notice these service/repair manuas items are out of stock or no longer available
Here is a link to the parts manual. A lot of your wiring diagrams are in it. https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...db8f986e78484fce&sl=EN¤cy=#epc::mr65627 Here is a link to the service manual. https://www.minnpar.com/partbooks/C...80C/CASE 580C SERVICE MANUAL (COMPRESSED).pdf
Mine is a late phase # 1 580 K 195xx? serial number from what I remember. It has the open ROPS
Joe; That is a very incomplete serial number. It should start with JJGXXXXXX. The serial number tag is outside the cab on the chassis. Left hand side below the loader’s lift cylinder pivot.
My manual is printed in 1989. With enough research you might derive the range of serial #s It doesn't say. Significant changes happened in series 2. It doesn't in every case give accurate info for newer than that . I have maybe 10 photos of various arrangements. These harnesses are in three or fore components. Case used different sections of harness per the configuration of the tractor. Some had a fuse block beside the engine on the right. Some had the controls on the right side of the cab, some had no cab, only ROPS. PM me an Email, I'll send them to you.
I have electrical schematics for cab or chassis, I can scan and email or take pics and upload them I think, I also have service manual for the 580 k before serial # 20000 ,if you still need them let me know,
would be greatly appreciated....Not sure if there is a difference with the 71 580ck and 580ck b,
Jerry, You need to post your serial number. There are so many variations in these machines it is the only way to know where to look for anything about them.
Might be quite dissimilar. The 580K was built in USA, some other 580 series were built in Europe.
From 1966 to 1977 there were four different 580CK wiring configurations. Possibly more. Defiantly no resemblance to a 580K. None.
tinkerer, none of the 4 wire schematics I have seen thus far do not match my wires....33 52066255
I hope this works, paper is too large for scanner, tool pics of pages instead but would only allow 4 files, I will upload next 4
Here are the rest of them
The book was printed in1988 for 580k
thanks, gotta get out the magnify light to get a closer look...it's really tough to see ...thank you
Yes I'm sorry, the way they printed in book they fold out and scanner wouldn't take them
If this doesn't work I can cut them in half and scan but u would have too put them together ??
I was able to look at them ..it worked too bad but they are not for my machine...I have the 33 530665 71 580ck-b if that helps at all. thanks
I'll see if I can find my manual and upload a pdf scan
He has the manual. A previous owner or idiot did a hack job on his wires and a .pdf of any of the four factory schematics for his 580 are worthless. Actually there are two for his diesel 580ck. The diesel engine with a generator and the diesel engine with an alternator. All he can do is use a VOM to trace and repair the screwed up wiring until everything is functioning like it was designed to be.
I would like a copy if you don't mind. I am having issues in starting the tractor. Thank you.
Somebody above probably already said this. 580 K was available in many configurations. For example an open ROPS had a different group of harnesses from a cab tractor. Once you have the correct set of schematics for your tractor, draw a partial schematic featuring only the portion of the harness affecting the issue you are having. You are now better prepared to test what works, what doesn't. In my experience, a new harness is staggeringly expensive. I ran new wires to replace the non functional portion. 580K (I have owned two) has four sections to the wiring harness. There are many mated plugs to combine them into a whole wiring harness. Most often the problems were failed connections in these mated plugs. I never found a source for the individual metal terminals to put in these plugs. I bypassed the bad connections.
From the photo I'd have said yours was early in production. Later produced 580 K did not have the bolt on piece where the bucket pin attaches. Later production had a welded structure forming the whole extended portion of the dipper. Yours is a ductile iron piece bolted to a welded steel piece. These were notorious for loosening up. Case tried a very hard 12 point headed special bolt but failed to solve the problem. At one time Case offered a weldable replacement could be welded on to the dipper, these are no longer available. My solution was torquing these 6 bolts in two rows of three well beyond specification, then spanning the rows with 3/8" key stock welded in place across the heads. So far so good!