Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580K power shuttle problem.?

dirtfreak580 ยท 2023-05-06 19:43

580K phase 1, When running for about 20 minutes or so it will drive forward and backward ok at first then after it gets hotter it starts to slip and will not push into a pile of dirt, kinda like it goes to neutral. This machine has 4000+ hours and it looks like I may need to do a rebuild of the shuttle. At first I thought it was just low on fluid and added about two quarts of Hytran and worked fine for a while. Also there is a lot of oil around the shuttle also, so there is also fluid leaking from it also. I searched on here and see the proper way to check the fluid level was at temperature, in 4th gear and shuttle in neutral. So when it stopped driving I checked the fluid and it was low again. I thought diesel was expensive these days but try putting a couple quarts of Hytran in every time you want to run for an hour!! Any thoughts? Thanks everybody for your time in replying to this...

Replies5
  1. #1westerner2023-05-06 21:26

    How long did it take to stop moving again? 2 qts leaked quick will make a pretty good mess.

  2. #2dirtfreak5802023-05-07 09:56

    I do not see any oil until it stops. And where we are working is all dirt so its hard to tell if it is leaking while we are running. It does have a tank which I posted about before attached to the breather line that at times when I checked had oil backed up into it. The last couple of times it "neutralled out" I was just moving dirt with the front loader and was not very strong pushing into the pile. The most time i I've got out of it is probably a half an hour. The hydraulics and Backhoe works great. I went about a block away from my house to lift some concrete blocks onto a trailer for a friend and just made it back to my lot. I think its time to get out the tools.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2023-05-09 13:49

    Hey Dirtfreak580 I have a question, well a couple of questions. Where is the four speed shifter, in the floor or on the RH console? And where is the catch bottle that you are talking about?

  4. #4dirtfreak5802023-05-09 16:05

    It comes thru the floor, and the catch bottle is right in between the fuel fill and the hydraulic fill under the hood.. I posted a pic of it before because we didn't know what it was for.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2023-05-10 09:26

    ok