Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580K Power Shuttle Removal

andyh1956 ยท 2023-06-13 13:39

Greetings from Mississippi! My 1st Post! Boys I have a Case 580K question. A shuttle rebuild is in my future. When I look into my High Dollar Crystal Ball OEM Case Service & Parts Manual in section 6 it tells me the Removal & Install for the Shuttle is in part 6000 of section 6. But my litterature in section 6 starts at 6200! I know removal is straight forward but I need to know if the converter comes out with the shuttle like the auto trans in your pickup. Looks like I need to remove the starter to access the converter retaining bolts. I'm doing a long over-due shuttle screen cleaning now & don't like what I've found. I bought this hoe from a Cemetary, it's only dug 6 ft deep! Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-06-13 14:24

    Take convertor off flywheel and remove as a unit

  2. #2andyh19562023-06-13 15:05

    Thanks!

  3. #3alrman2023-06-14 18:51

    1st remove the shuttle, then the bellhousing adapter plate (#1), the flexplate bolts (#7) are removed from there.