Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE SR130 not starting

E014945 ยท 2023-06-13 15:28

Dear All, I am pretty new at putting my fingers in the engine bay of my case SR130 but so many people try to touch it without success that i am trying my luck on it. I have a case SR130 that has been sitting in my yard following a sudden stop after putting, i think, dirty fuel, the case restarted fine and then suddenly stopped. Now it does not want to start anymore. I checked and changed the fuel, air, hydraulic filters, bleed the fuel line, but it looks likes no fuel is coming to the injectors. I also checked the fuse box and found one of the fuse to be burned (the one for the preheating under the seat), i replaced and it burned directly. so this mean i have a short somewhere, i will now change the pre heating plugs as one is broken. Do you think that the pre heating plugs could cause an issue in starting the fuel pump? Is there a connection between the two? Thanks, Gary

Replies1
  1. #1alrman2023-06-14 18:56

    Welcome to HEF @E014945 Normally, a bad glowplug will not blow a fuse. There maybe a short in your wiring harness causing this - never easy to find. But without glowplugs they will be difficult to start.