I'm changing out the shuttle fluid on my 580K phase 1 4WD hoe. Dropped the pan, but couldn't get it out until I snuck some fingers up in there to pull the suction strainer with the pan still there, but dropped about an inch. Trying to get it back together, I can't get the pan on with the strainer in place, and can't get the strainer in place with the pan nearly on (sausage fingers). Only have 1 inch vertical clearance until the bottom of the pan hits the driveshaft. Am I missing something here, or do I need to drop the guard and front drive shaft to install the pan?
I just take the guard and drive shaft out, floor jack and 2x6 it's easy to handle, along with the shaft, makes it go fast. You have spent more time thinking about it than to do it!.
Guilty! Thanks for the info.