Hello, After problems with the starter discussed earlier I got the digger going on the button. Got in the digger today, turned the key, the alarm sounded as normal but the starter would not turn. If I take current from the big positive on the side of the starter and jump it across to the trigger cable it starts easily. When in the cab and turning the key I can hear # a slight click from what sounds like a relay down below. Is the fault likely to be a starter relay, which one is it and if so can someone let me know the correct part number. I know that often part numbers change since they were originally fitted. Thank you, regards, Michael
I know my 580 SE has 3 relays under the dash and the starter relay is the top one, either way you have to take out the cluster to see them and you would feel it click. Mine was a simple automotive 4 terminal relay but I would be more inclined to think it’s your starter solenoid if it’s jumping at the starter.
As soon as the starter solenoid has current it throws the starter so I suspect the solenoid is fine, I will have to remove the dashboard and dig around underneath to see if I can locate the relay, the click is very quiet, especially against the alarm noise, I hope I will be able to feel it and it is not too subtle.
Can anyone tell me where the starter relay might be? When I remove the starter switch panel I can see two relays beneath, but when I feel them and turn the starter switch to starter position, I can hear a distant click but cannot feel any vibrations from either relay to suggest that they are actually the starter relay. The click sounds as if it is much further down somewhere.
Read alrmans post HeavyEquipmentForums