Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580K wiring (side console) question

rdavison39 ยท 2012-11-22 17:23

I have taken the side console off my 580k (where the instrument panel resides) basically to clean it up. There is a yellow wire and i'm not sure what's its use is (i'm pretty sure it wasn't attached before i removed the console but not 100% certain). I looked in the manual and think i see the wire that might be the yellow one in my picture but there is no description of what it does. I've attached picture of the wire from my cab and from the manual. Any help or insight appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1alrman2012-11-22 17:42

    Hard to say for sure as there are alot of wires that are not used in all applications. But the schematic shows a yellow wire with a white stripe going to the ground terminal of the ignition switch - could be it.....