Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580L Electrical problem Wiring diagrams anyone??

Joebob1988 ยท 2021-10-27 14:54

Hello Folks, I have a Case 580L that will not start without jumping the starter solenoid and once running, will not go forward or backward. I believe it is an electrical issue. There is a hard short in the #3 power relay circuit. It instantly smokes a 30 amp fuse for the "rear work lights" even with the harness to them unplugged. I have looked the machine over pretty good and have unplugged quite a few plugs in attempt to find the problem. Wiring schematics for this machine would be very helpful. Anyone experience an issue like this or have any ideas, Thanks in advance.

Replies20
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-10-27 16:08

    I have the service manual for a 580L Series 1. PM me your email address and I can send you a link to my Google Drive and you can download it.

  2. #2Joebob19882021-10-27 18:03

    I do not see an Icon anywhere to send a PM. Do I need to be following you to do that? I tried starting a conversation with you, I'm sure if that worked.

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-10-27 20:01

    I received your PM. I will upload the manual to my Drive. Then I will email the link to you.

  4. #4Ronin1502022-12-06 10:45

    Tinkerer, I have a 580L series one. I thought the alternator was out and bought a new one. Still not charging. I am not getting any voltage to alternator to activate the field. I have no wiring schematics. Do you have any suggestions?

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-12-06 14:18

    Welcome to HEF, Ronin150 ! I have the service manual for a 580L Series 1. PM me your email address and I can send you a link to my Google Drive and you can download it.

  6. #6HATCHEQUIP2024-03-23 11:26

    Would your manual cover a super L , neighbor has one that has gotten some electrical grimlins and part of them are green

  7. #7HATCHEQUIP2024-03-23 12:41

    S/N jjg0190208

  8. #8Tinkerer2024-11-20 11:52

    Sorry I that I some how missed your question when you posted it. My manual does cover the Super L. If you read this, send me a PM with your email address in it.

  9. #9HATCHEQUIP2024-11-21 16:52

    Thats Ok I appreciate it, but got a pdf on it and had the print shop run it off.

  10. #10jwd4722026-02-17 08:30

    I sent you a private message about this manual. I could use a copy of it as well. Thanks

  11. #11HATCHEQUIP2026-02-17 08:43

    JWD send me your email if Tink hasn't already taken care of ya.

  12. #12HATCHEQUIP2026-02-17 09:47

    JWD I apologize I cant send a file this large , or don't know how to.

  13. #13jwd4722026-02-17 10:01

    It's ok. I wondered about that. I think that is why Tink used google drive. Thanks for trying

  14. #14Tinkerer2026-02-17 12:42

    All email programs are limited in the size of files they will transfer. Service manuals need to use a file hosting service for transferring them The manual I have is for a 590L series 2 model. I need your email address.

  15. #15jwd4722026-02-17 12:45

    I'll PM it

  16. #16Tinkerer2026-02-17 13:08

    check your email inbox.

  17. #17jwd4722026-02-17 13:27

    I got the notification. The network is slow at work so I'm struggling to open it. I'll look at it when I get home. Thank you!

  18. #18hshi2026-05-05 13:03
  19. #19hshi2026-05-09 06:04

    [email protected] thanks

  20. #20nandomart2026-08-04 20:11

    I have a series one 580 super L.. can you send me the manual?