There is a lock that holds the boom back when you are traveling. How is this actuated? How do I get the boom back far enough to get this locked into place? Does the bucket go to the groung and push it back?
Sorry,I don't know either,hope someone will give you a perfect answer.
First curl the bucket and pull the dipper arm into you. With the engine speed up a tad, stretch the boom out and bring it towards the lock as fast as it will go. When it gets almost to the peak, reverse the arm "bumping" the boom away from you. If yours is like my 580SE this is necessary to lock the pin. Mine kinda "slams" to lock in place like it's mad that I am taking it to the barn... At the top the boom is somewhat balanced and the movement of the boom works in reverse. So to loosen the pin to unlock it, I have to move the boom out a tad, which moves in in vs out and lets me unlock it. It's pretty straight forward working with a mirror.
I hate to bang and rattle equipment like that. This is a borrowed hoe. After looking closely at things I just spun the boom all the way to starboard and extended the bucket so I could use the outrigger to exert enough pressure coming upward to get it locked into place.
With a bit of practice, it can be done, without the slightest bang or rattle
Sure enough, just took a little thinking from in the seat