Hello all. This is my first post here and Im hoping you can help me out. I was on a job Friday July 3rd and was just about to get started after unloading when my contractor stopped my to get a game plan going. I was in reverse and entering the drive way I was about to rip out when I stopped and shut off the machine to talk to him. After the talk I went to crank the machine and got nothing but a click coming from the starter. Now, 2 days prior to this I replaced the shuttle control on the steering column because it wasnt putting her in gear, not all the time but often enough to worry me. Now Im on this job and cant turn the engine over ans of course Case is closed early for the holiday so I have to leave my machine there and wait til Monday when Case opens to address the situation. They told me it could be either the shuttle solenoid oe the declutch relay. Well, I replaced both. Im almost 90% sure the problem is fixed but I think that when I shut it down the last time that it didnt shift out of reverse. And in doing so I canr get it in neutral to restart it now after all the repairs. Heres my questions.... 1. How do I get it back to neutral so I can crank it? 2. I had to get into the floor boars to fix this deal and noticed a red cap marked oil on top of the tranny and I cant find anything about it. What is this mysterious cap? 3. Is it possible that through al my repairs that I missed something, or that it could be another issue that I hadnt thought of? I would really appreciate any help you could give, Im bleeding money right now and losing it by the day so I need a solution ASAP. Thanks again for the help and God bless.
Starter clicks & nothing? Solenoid would be my first guess. Joe H