I had the injector pump rebuilt and didn't know about timing the engine because there is no timing on the pump so I pulled it and got the pump back timed and locked and I unlocked it to set the key way at the proper location in the gear and the tractor started and idled fine then hit the throttle to accelerate and the engine loaded up and died and now blows white smoke when trying to restart but it doesn't sound like it's trying to fire on any cylinder what could be the issue please help not liking this pump setup
Are you getting fuel through the injector pump and up to the injectors. With the white smoke I would say you probably are. If so I would time the engine and then check to see where your pump is or vice versa. Good luck
Welcome to HEF baker102010! It is possible you dislodged the woodruf key during install & the shaft has moved in the gear. White smoke is usually a timing issue. If so, where is the key?.......
I think is the only way to verify pump timing, while on the machine, is with a dial indicator. The place you got your pump rebuilt might tell you the setting. Otherwise take the pump back to them and get it timed again. The engine timing pin is just underneath the pump. Everything has to be done correctly with this pump, including the torque for the locking bolt on the pump and the gear nut torque. There is no key. I think there is an initial torque for the gear nut, before releasing the timing pin and pump bolt. The pump shaft is smooth and relies on the torque of the locking bolt to hold it, and there is quite a turning force on the shaft, at this point. These pumps use a much higher internal pressure than the series 1 pump. They like to leak. Both the throttle shaft seal and the pump head seal can be replaced while it is on the machine. This is just my opinion.