Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580M A/C install

Heath1973 ยท 2016-01-14 18:27

I have found a 580M that I'm looking at, but it has a cab with heat only. Has anyone ever installed a/c in one of these? Would it be worth the trouble? I really like the way this machine is set up, but I have gotten spoiled and soft and really like my a/c. There is a equipment salvage yard not too far from me, and I am capable of doing the work myself, just not sure how big of a pain it would be. Thanks Heath

Replies2
  1. #1wrc2016-01-14 19:35

    never added a factory ac to any of my equipment, however have added roof mount after market units. have used two brands and had excellent results with reddot units. don't know if that's an option for you.

  2. #2Heath19732016-01-14 23:45

    I have been around a few reddot units, but was just curious about if it would be more trouble than its worth to install it to factory. I still have a little time before I make my move so we will see. Thanks for your advice though