How detrimental is an engine overfill? Looked at some misinformation. Operator Manual and internet manual didn’t agree. Checked operator manual ten minutes too late! Don’t know if I can reach the sump through the fill hole or not to extract some. Probably a quart too much!
Not harmful at all. Just drain the entire oil pan into a clean container and then refill (the oil pan) to the proper level.
Well, that’s not the answer I was looking for!!! You know I’m basically lazy. There’s a front drive line guard under the drain pan and oil does not drop straight down. It hits a couple braces on the way out… I will find a small tube and see if I can go down the dipstick tube. Let you know how that goes. Thanks for the response. Try to do better next time!
I am pleased to report, vacuum pump and 3’ of 1/8” tubing down the dipstick tube has remedied my screw up. No mess but did take a little to get cold oil up that small tubing. This morning, I had the time. Tomorrow it needs to work. Vac pump pulling on a modified throwaway refrigerant drum (similar to a suck bucket). Thanks to all.