Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580m help

MrKomatsu ยท 2009-08-06 13:24

i need some ref materail on the timing marks on the new holland engine i have torn down in shop....case 580m s/n:nsc390727...engine serail # 4895305...there are no marks on the gears...does any one have any info...pleasehelp....thanks:usa:Banghead

Replies7
  1. #1Eqman2009-08-06 18:15

    You have asked for New holland info, But list case numbers. Is it a cummins?

  2. #2MrKomatsu2009-08-06 18:18

    no that is why i'm having problems...it is an New Holland engine made for case on this model...

  3. #3MrKomatsu2009-08-06 18:20

    it is actually a tier II engine

  4. #4MrKomatsu2009-08-06 18:22

    normally it would come with a 4T390 cummins...but not this serail # series...

  5. #5Eqman2009-08-07 18:26

    Its the CNH global thing thats srewing it up. About 7 years ago case and new holland merged. I haven't worked for a case dealers since. My brother is in sales at a case dealer. I will send him the info and see if he knows anything. I will get back to you as soon as i can.

  6. #6JS580SL2009-08-07 23:47

    I run a 06 580M Turbo. The engines in the series 2 M's look somewhat identical to the 4T-390 Cummins engines in all the past machines but if you look around places like the oil pan, exhaust parts, etc. it says Iveco all over. I think its the same engine that you would now see in a New Holland backhoe to. The story I got was that Cummins and Iveco have some kind of a merger as well. Technically still a Cummins motor, so Ive been told?

  7. #7alrman2009-08-09 01:34

    Are the timing gears on the rear of the engine or the front? The only Iveco engines I've seen in the 580M series3 has them on the rear. If so I bought an engine manual for the 445 / 445T skid steers ( which runs same or similar engine) & it wasn't very expensive - part no. 6-74500