Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel tank water drain on 580B

elcactus ยท 2009-08-07 07:57

Hi, I have not yet figured out how to drain the water from the fuel tank on my 580B Case. Do I just open the long nut that is about 3/4" long by 7/16 on the bottom of the fuel tank? It seems like that is it but, the 7/16 nut is tight and I don't want to break it and dump all the fuel in the tank. Should there be a "T" handle there to drain and mime is broken off? Thanks for any help you can give me. :beatsme

Replies1
  1. #1Phil2009-08-07 21:42

    As I remember there is a sump under the 'B' fuel tank that has a valve very similar to the one found on the radiator drain. It should screw into the tank with a pipe thread. Sounds like someone just broke both handles off. One way to avoid a possible problem, might be to drop a hose down into the tank, into the bottom of the sump hole, and use a primer bulb to pump it out. Look into the tank with a flashlight, maybe this idea will work. Phil