Been reading the boards for a while now and I finally bought backhoe and decided it was time to join since I have a question maybe someone can help with. I got a 580M series 2 a couple of weeks ago and have a question about the oil pressure light. I have noticed the longer you let it set the longer the light will stay on after you start it. If it sets for an hour or more sometimes it will stay on long enough that it will sound the warning buzzer for maybe a second or two at the most. When I changed the oil the other day I noticed that the oil filter was not completely full when I replaced it. It was doing this before I changed the oil and filter that is why I changed it I though maybe there was an anti-drain back valve in the filter that was not working. I am using the correct case filter according to the parts breakdown. So I am wondering if there is an anti-drain back valve somewhere in the system that I need to check or if this is just normal for these machines? This is the first one I have ever owned and I just want to make sure there is nothing wrong since I am not really sure how it is supposed to act. Maybe someone with the same machine could tell me how long their oil pressure light stays on when you start the machine? Thanks for reading. Qball98
How many hours on your machine? , and when fully warmed up how many # of pressure do you have?
It has about 275 hours on it now. I don't know what the oil pressure is all the machine has is a warning light. It starts easy and runs good no weird noises and it does not use any oil. I would like to add a pressure gauge just not sure where to tap into the system at other than off of the pressure sender which I plan on doing. Qball98
Went and bought an oil pressure testing kit and checked the oil pressure on the machine today. It read 38 psi at an idle and 60 psi at 1500 rpm's when warmed up. Is that about where it should be? Since the pressure looks ok to me I ordered a sending unit for it I am thinking maybe it is just slow to turn off the light when it is cold. For $15 thought it was worth a try. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance. Qball98
no warranty?