Piling brush yesterday on pond bank never needed to change gears as it's a pretty good slope for me. Today, went to smooth out gravel on the lane and having difficult time getting transmission into any gear. Finally figured out if I put the forward/reverse in neutral it would shift like it always has. So now, is it the clutch button on the shifter or did I rake a wire off from under the machine? Where would you start to check? Thanks, Mike
Are you saying, you used the downshift button on the FNR lever, while driving forward, & it went into neutral & you couldn't drive till you selected neutral, then forward again with the lever? Or, did you hit the neutral/declutch button on the loader control lever? With no engine shut down in between? Do you usually use automatic mode or manually select your gears?
Sorry Alrman, I thought I had replied to you but it's not here so - I don't think I have any kind of 'automatic' mode, just a four speed transmission shifter to the right of steering wheel and the FNR selector on left side of steering column. The issue was, could not shift into any gear from neutral using the thumb cutout switch on the gear shifter. Had to put the FNR in neutral, before I could get into any gear. Brought it in early enough to grease and found the connection just above the transmission was dangling out in the open. We are back in business. Thank you very much for attempting to help.
Ah! that's good news, it would be that you have the Carraro shuttleshift. I just had the Clark powershift in mind, as there are not too many 'M' models around here with the shuttleshift transmission ..... none that I can even recall....
If I remember series 1 and 2 have similar controls. So you should have a red clutch disconnect button on your gear selector and a second one on your loader joystick next to diff. Lock. Do they both not work? I would be checking the relays in the fuse box for connectivity issues that whole cavity is filled with wires under loader joystick. That's where my problems ended up being. Good luck
I have a 580M series -1 with the same setup. Same problem that turned out to be a loose connection. The red button on the loader joystick does the same thing and if it works isolates the shifter lever circuit. Mine has been a great machine. Hammertime is spot on.
Wow, I do like the machine but at times I wish it had more weight and more hydraulic power. Most of the time it does what I need. It's really dry around here and I'm digging out trees off a pond bank. Tough going on some of them.