Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580M Switch Identification?

Bote · 2021-01-19 09:18

My new-to-me Case 580M has a cab with more knobs and switches than I’m used to. When the upper back glass is fully raised, a bracket on the starboard-side window latch closes a switch mounted in the roof. I’ve found nothing in electrical schematics or manuals identifying this switch. Does it keep something from operating when the back glass is open such as wiper, washer, A/C? I always like to know of anything that can potentially run my battery down. Anyone able to enlighten me?

Replies6
  1. #1Billrog2021-01-19 11:42

    It's so the wiper won't run with the window down.

  2. #2alrman2021-01-19 15:12

    ..... and smack you in the face

  3. #3Bote2021-01-20 09:22

    Thanks, that's good to know. The switch has no impact on operation of the wipers so it's obviously not working. Not a high priority but I'll eventually fix it.

  4. #4doghead2021-01-20 12:41

    My switch is stuck in. I pulled the knob off the rear wiper switch until I replace the safety switch.

  5. #5Bote2021-01-20 13:23

    On electrical schematics I think it's called the "rear wiper park switch". I originally thought it was for the wiper park function but the front wiper doesn't have one.

  6. #6doghead2021-01-20 17:18

    It simply disables the wiper when the window is open.