Have a water leak from the roof just above the gauge cluster. Cannot find anything from the top unless it’s under the stiffener. Not sure how to remove the cab liner to have a look from under the roof. thought about just painting the whole top with a rubber sealant but if the leak is under the brace it will not be repaired. Suggestions???
I replaced the big side window in mine and didn't do a good enough job with the sealant when I re-installed it and it leaked above the gauge cluster. Went back with some silicon sealant and resealed where the glass meets the frame and it fixed it. Maybe check and make sure it is not the window that is leaking?
Thank you. I did look at the glass. As far as I know, it’s not been replaced (unlike the other side - story for another day). Do think I will add some caulking and try that first. Have a great day and thanks again.
Get in the cab and get someone outside with a hose and it should be clear pretty quick where it's coming from haha.
Slatco, you da man! Had to take the light bar down to access the top of the glass. Light bolts frozen / light bar screws frozen!!!! What’s up - it’s only 20 years old and outside most of its life! Hard to understand. Had to cut the light bar off. Making a parts list now but fairly sure the leak will be stopped. Thanks again.
Scott, when I looked at the mastic on the glass earlier, it looked like a good seal. Spraying glass cleaner along the edge before caulking, it was running down the inside. Hopefully all is well. Still might brush a coat of paint on the top...just for preservation. Great machine. Blessed to have it.
Gotta get some of that flex seal crap..If you can make a boat out of a screen door, you can probably seal your roof...
that is pretty good stuff.
Probably pretty expensive too..better off with some trailer roof sealant, if you get white or silver it refracts/reflects the sunlight as well...gonna look pretty ghetto,but maybe you can get it in Case yellow...
Stinky...it’s out of my normal vision so color up there is not an issue. Probably prefer white. Might be a little cooler in the summer. there’s one other question I should have asked. I just ordered new seat cushions for a suspension from Case. Ouch! I did see northern tools had one (complete unit) for not much more than these cushions. Any good or bad reports on the complete seat?
I’m really going to need another stimulus check very soon if I don’t stay out of the parts house.
100% silicone clear caulking will seal it for a long time. I glued the roof window in my own cab. It has been water tight and holding for several years. I ran a bead on top of the roof and just laid the window on it.
I recognize a caulking gun from pictures. That’s about the extent of me making caulk joints look ok. This looks like it might hold. Now waiting on plastic parts and we can go back outside and play.
Haha time will tell, glad I was able to point you in the right direction!
An ice cube or wetting your finger lets you smooth silicone without it sticking and making a mess. Works good for stuff like JB weld too.