Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580n 4030 fault code

Will580n · 2018-05-22 11:59

He, everyone Thanks for this awesome site, im trying to fix this trouble on 2010 super n case 580, a stop light Is on, at same time a gear logo is on display, trouble codes displayed área 4030, 4031 and 1021..anyone knows about this CODES. Thanks for your help.

Replies11
  1. #1laycobeau2018-05-22 13:52

    1020 Transmission oil temperature entered red zone on gauge. 1021 Fuel temperature too high. Check fuel level. 4030 and 4031 rev and nut and fwd and nut at same time sounds like wiring problem??? chafed at corners????

  2. #2Will580n2018-05-22 14:43

    Thank you for your help sir, I took a pair of pics I hope can fix this because I can't find nothing about this issue, wiring harness looks fine, all levels are ok. Any advice?? 4030 code still on my diag screen.... Ay each time I try go Rwd or FWD..

  3. #3laycobeau2018-05-22 17:46

    Check your wiring from your shift lever to your TCU should be a 5" x 8" x 2" give or take maybe under the seat. If wiring not bad may be your shift lever Hope some one has wiring prints that can help you.

  4. #4Will580n2018-05-22 19:18

    Guess all connections are good, did you know that gear on display means? Or 4030 fault code.., thank you so much for your help...

  5. #5Will580n2018-05-23 09:16

    Backhoe is neutralized trans not works no FORWARD no BACKWARD, I appreciate any suggestion...

  6. #6laycobeau2018-05-23 09:26

    4030 Shifter lever malfunction: transmission in neutral receives forward and neutral together

  7. #7Will580n2018-05-23 12:22

    Seems problem is inside of shifter lever, because a little metal piece is destroyed guess it's making short-circuit, TCU reads many functions at time.. do you have any idea where i can buy this shifter lever..?? eBay??

  8. #8laycobeau2018-05-23 12:52

    Is there a part number on the shifter? might try [email protected] P: 612-284-9300 ex 9001 Any one out there have a parts manual with a part number??

  9. #9Equipmentguy2242018-05-23 13:32

    Manuals for the 580n: http://www.minnpar.com/manuals5.asp...E 580 SERIES PARTS MANUALS&SSSFName=CASE 580N

  10. #10Will580n2018-05-23 16:17

    580n fixed already, thank you for the support, manuals, diagnostics and advices.. I changed an used shifter and now it's working perfectly, so thank you again..

  11. #11laycobeau2018-05-23 16:29

    Yea!!