Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580SE brakes…..HELP!!

jimr ยท 2013-10-10 12:30

So both brake seals are leaking and I read everything I could find on the forum about replacing them. Brimming with confidence I ordered the parts and tore into it! I drilled holes in the seal and used the sheet metal screw idea and was able to pull it out to the edge of housing and it stuck there. I used progressively larger screws until the seal is all but destroyed and still stuck. This where I really messed up. I decided to take the housing off figuring I could clean it up better reinstall it without the seal and then drive in the seal. My problem is that I can't get the housing (which weights as much as I do) to clear the end of the shaft. I don't recall reading anywhere that the transaxel has to be droped to remove the housing but that is all I can think of and that is not an option for me. Anybody have any tricks? Thanks in advance. Jimr

Replies0

No replies yet.