Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580SE Hydraulic Breather

bowen ยท 2011-12-01 08:51

When I lower my loader bucket fast the Hyd fluid tank cap wants to pop off. I found this page in the manual, but so far I have NOT found this breather to clean. It appears to be up around and maybe under the fuel tank cover. I have looked at ALL the parts pages and have yet to find what this "Relief Valve" / "Breather" looks like. Has anyone ever cleaned or replaced one of these? Looks like the hood has to come off, and so far I have not got the stupid breather cover off. Waz-it take a sawzall?

Replies3
  1. #1bowen2011-12-02 06:34

    I did get the breather cover off finally after 26 years. I stacked wood blocks underneath/around it on the hood and worked my way around it with a pry bar. I cleaned and sanded this so next time this will not be frozen so bad. Would antisieze be a good idea? The cap looks to be made out of aluminum but it was sure stuck.

  2. #2DirtIsMyName2011-12-02 09:04

    Any chance you could post pictures for the next person who tries this?

  3. #3bowen2011-12-02 21:22

    Tries to find the hyd vent or get the air breather cover off? I got the cover off and used laquer thinner to clean the paint inside where it was on the lower pipe. I painted the cap today(outside only) and hope it just slides on after I get all the air box off, cleaned inside and out and repainted.