Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580SE loader release

Papalote · 2024-08-31 17:32

I need to lift the front bucket on my 580SE with out starting the motor. I have tried putting the controls in the float position. Still can’t lift the bucket with a skid loader. I need to get around it to change hydraulic pressure hose. Thanks in advance

Replies9
  1. #1HarleyHappy2024-09-01 09:45

    Have someone sit in machine and pull back on lever to raise bucket or figure out a way to use bungee cords. What line are you trying to replace?

  2. #2Papalote2024-09-01 11:28

    Harley I’ll try that. I have pushed forward on the lever thinking it would release in float position. And I work alone so I’m a bungee cord king. I’m trying to replace the main pressure hose coming out of the hydraulic pump.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2024-09-01 11:54

    Well, on my 580 SE there is really no float position but regardless, if you want to lift the loader while it’s running, you pull back on the loader control. While I have never tried to lift it while not running, it will only drop when off if you push forward on the lever. My wife, for some reason thinks the up and down are backwards to her. Seems fine to me.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2024-09-01 12:00

    Just thinking here, if you remove the front grill and as you have access to a skid loader, you could remove the front counterweight, it might be a lot safer and easier to get access to the hose but I will admit, I haven’t had to change that hose.

  5. #5Tinkerer2024-09-01 13:31

    You could take the four hoses off of the loader hoist cylinders. It will be extremely dangerous tho. Don’t even think about if you don’t have safety props to hold the extended cylinders from retracting.

  6. #6Papalote2024-09-01 15:53

    Thanks for the advice from Harley and Timkerer. I have some ideas mow

  7. #7Papalote2024-09-03 19:28

    HarleyHappy, I strapped the lever back and lifted the bucket with my skid loader. Thanks again

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-09-03 23:10

    Very odd if it doesn't have float position but glad you got it raised.

  9. #9HarleyHappy2024-09-04 10:25

    I have never been able to get my 580 SE to float. Looked into it here and got no information.