I have a 78’ case 580c. I haven’t had any problems with forward or reverse. Today I it wasn’t kicking into forward very quickly like it does. And now it’s starting to stop on me or go really slow in forward. Checked fluid on the power shuttle and it was full.
UPDATED WITH MORE DETAILS: So when I push the lever for forward it seems to be catching and then goes. You get a stop go stop go stop go then it goes forward. Yesterday I didn’t have to move the lever much past neutral and it would get moving. Now I have to move the lever all the way up for it to start moving.
Have you cleaned the strainer in the bottom of the pan
Did you check the fluid while it was running? Think it's probably time for you to locate some manuals, at least the owners manual.
No. After doing a lot of research last night it seems that cleaning the strainer and flushing the system is the first thing that should be done.
No I checked it while it was off. Manuals will be here Tuesday. Found some originals for this machine. Both owner and service. I found three dip sticks. The one for engine oil. There is one on the floor of the cab behind the shifter and another really long one on the side of the engine next to what looks like the starter. Which of the other two is for the power shuttle. Thanks.
The one by the starter. Procedure is apply parking brake or put up against something that doesn’t move. Have engine idling in 4th gear on floor but shift selector in neutral and then check level on dipstick.
Thank you!!! That was it, it was low on trans fluid.