Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580SE Radiator Foam Pad Baffle

bowen · 2011-11-17 06:59

Around my radiator is foam and some is missing, full of oil etc. From Coleman online I see that I have to order Case part # D92228 (Old # 214-335) and this is almost $350.00 This is a large section of foam pad, and I have to cut all the parts out myself! Does anyone know the specs on this foam? Oil resistant, heat resistant? Surely foam like goes in a mattress would not stand the heat from the radiator case, but so far I can't find any info on this stuff. Whatever Case uses is pretty good stuff. After 26 years mine is still somewhat there, but after all I have done I want some clean stuff to install. I just do not plan to pay this much, and have a lot left over.

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2011-11-17 07:08

    I have seen expanding gap filler around those radiators........ Over here we have shops that specialize in foam products (Clark Rubber - for Aussies) surely something similar near you? Foam from a matteress is pretty cheap - even if you replaced it every year or two, it would not be hard to do.

  2. #2bowen2011-11-19 07:50

    The original stuff looks tan/orange, but I can't really tell because it's so full of oil and dirt. It's still real spongy like memory foam slowly returning to it's original shape. I bet memory foam would be expensive even if I could find some 1 1/2" thick. The $350 section from Case is like 35" x 50". I don't understand why they do not offer this in smaller sections.

  3. #3hosspuller2018-06-08 01:11

    The orange colored foam is likely a silicone rubber foam.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2018-06-12 15:21

    Get you some window foam like goes around a window air conditioner unit. That's really all it is from factory with paint on it from overspray. And you can probably use the expanding foam.

  5. #5hosspuller2018-06-12 19:49

    AN idea … You only need heat resistance for foam actually touching the radiator. The rest is just filler to block air flow. Order some silicon rubber foam on E-bay. About $40 for a sheet 1/4 inch x 15 x 15 inches. It's sold for tee shirt heat transfer presses. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-F...207032?hash=item41e31d1078:g:cDUAAOSwPDdbCmKe Use Polyurethane foam for the rest of the filler piece.