I was looking at the brochure that has a full page of attachments for on it including handheld tools. Where can you find these things? Or can you just use skidsteer attachments? I'm looking into buying a 580 k or a 580sk Tuesday. Btw both have the 4 in 1 buckets and the sk has a extenda hoe also.
I'm not much help on where to find that stuff, it's tough. As far as using skidsteer attachments, the loader on one of those Cases is much stronger than a skidsteer, and of course, the machine is much heavier and can push much harder. I don't think they make an 8 ton skidsteer. If I were choosing between those two machines, I would lean toward the superK. The balance and traction is better, because of the way it is set up, with the transaxle at the rear. Also, once you run an extendahoe, you'll never want to run a machine without one.
I was thinking stuff like augers and rototillers. I know they make hydraulic ones for skid steers. Wasn't sure if they could be used on the case. At least an auger would be real useful when I build another pole barn.
As far as an auger, I know you can mount one on the hoe and use the extendahoe circuit to drive it. I guess you'd have to look at the hyd. specs on the auger and the machine to see which auger you needed.
Is it only a case auger that will fit or certain other brands? I searched online for case 580sk attachments and found nothing actually for a 580 other than buckets. Also will standard quick attach attachments fit onto the front of a 580sk or is it a case specific setup?
Are you talking about front or rear quick couplers but either way case has their own design. chances are you will have to find something that works with the hydraulics and make it fit the pins
I was saying for the attachments themselves like how all skid steers and most tractors you just flip the levers drop the bucket/ attachment then just hook up the new one then flip the levers.
backhoes arent like skid steers. every brand has their own quick coupler unless you go aftermarket but then the aftermarket quick coupler will only fit that brand of attachments usually. some companies make attachments for case or cat or deere but i dont know if anyone will have any for that era of machine. i converted a quick coupler from a 200hp farm tractor for my 590. i have made my own bale spears and forks and booms etc. if you have a welder and a torch its not that difficult to make your own stuff(at least not for me lol) if you want to run something hydraulic off the hoe you will need to put a tee in both of the ex-hoe lines and run them down by the bucket the pull the ex-hoe all the way in and then put a pin through the hole at the top of the dipper that holds the extension in place so your attachment moves not the extension
Ok, that's what I needed to know. My previous tractors were before it seemed like everything went to quick attach. I just wanted to figure out if it would require any work from me to ran any thing and I guess it will. I figured pin the e -hoe then remove the line and run directly off the e-line or isn't that recommend? Or for a front attachment use the lines for the clamshell bucket.
You got it but for the ex-hoe you don't need to completely disconnect the lines all you have to do is put a tee in Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Wouldn't the e - hoe still be trying to move with the lines teed? Has anyone ever built an attachment for the front so you can use quick attach attachments? It would beat having to build a separate mount for each piece. Just build a quick attach bracket for my loader then run whatever I want. Like an auger, brush hog, or even a rototiller. With 26 gpm at 2500psi I dont think there is too much that I couldn't run.
I haven't really found anything other than skid steer attachments, hydraulic driven attachments are expensive.... just trying to find the easiest way.
Everything attachments has what's virtually a forestry mulcher that would pin right onto the hoe of my 580sk. Starting at a 30" and a 40", then they also have larger ones. But they start at $7k... I was hoping for a lot less. At $7k I could go buy a $900 3pt brush hog and another tractor that has a 3pt to run it and still spend less. Lol, but it would not have near the reachability that a brush cutter on the back hoe would be. Has anyone ever made some hydraulic attachments work on a tlb or converted a pto powered much cheaper attachment over using a hydraulic pump?
Found a few universal quick attach setups that'll pin on, but there is huge price gaps. I think I'm going to buy a cheap one on ebay and reinforce it to withstand what I need it to. Then cut the pin mounts off my bucket and weld them on the quick attach that I would reinforce and then weld a quick plate to my original 4 in 1 bucket. I've looked at a few different adaptors.
I think I'm going to buy the latch boxes on ebay from titan attachments then build my own quick tach adapter. Then buy one of the solid quick tach plates for my bucket. Preferably a 5/16 or 3/8".
Case has never offered a quick tach for loader buckets on backhoes. Front attachments are limited to forks that mount to the bucket and a 4-1 bucket. As for hoe attachments, anything can be adapted to fit a Case coupler with a welder and torch. Case has used their coupler for decades. It is a hook for the rear pin and a pin hole for the front to retain the attachment. I have a Stanley compactor setup for a 580 quick tech for sale. I have a Case CX50b 5 ton excavator and have made adapter plates to mount my breaker, auger drive, and a trench fang bucket. I have a Werk-Brau pin grabber on it. 580's have a narrow pin hook, so there are bushings or spacers on the rear pin of the bucket and the front is full width inside the ears.
Case has had quick attaches for years for the front. I just resently bought a 580 at a Ritchie bros sale that had the quick attach bucket and forks. Took the q/a off of it and put on my 590 then put the bucket off my 590 onto the 580 and took it back to Ritchie bros next sale. The q/a is made by case for their hoes and only works with their forks and buckets but it is made a lot heavier than the one I converted from a farm tractor so I have slowly been converting my bale spears and stuff to fit the case
yes, ebay is good to buy any thing..
I have a K. It has a third valve once used on the front. I can see where some auxiliary device was bolted to the ribs at back of bucket. I use it for a thumb. The extend a hoe is very heavy, the thumb adds more tonnage. It is very jumpy compared to the much older John Deere 410 I once had. A large boulder in the front bucket helps a lot. The John Deere plumbing is far superior for hoe operation. The JD had a self leveling front bucket. The Case bucket system is fussy, and doesn't work on mine. It's a great loader and functional backhoe. Go 4 wheel drive. My back buckets interchange by moving 1 pin. Hang the bucket neutral so no weight is on the pin. Take out the pin, and set the bucket upside down on the ground. Pick up the other bucket, and reverse removal process. Mating attachments for this are simple enough to fabricate. Tapping hydraulics might be more complex. I don't have quick attach for the front. I do have lay on forks. they work well, but I can't see through the bucket. This is where skid steer loaders excel. You can see the cutting edge from the operator's seat. Willie