Hi Guys, Has anyone seen or is familiar with these quick change attachment couplers made by OilQuick? They seem very popular in Europe. You can switch attachments or buckets with out leaving the cab or having to connect or disconnect hydraulic lines. Looks pretty awesome. Why doesn't every machine have one? I'm guessing the catch is very high cost. http://www.oilquick.com/ http://www.oilquick.com/products/oq/oq-excavators
There's not much point in getting an oil quick hitch if it's not with a tiltrotator or rotator. $15k is about the entry price for a tiltrotator, more if you add the fancy joysticks. Add the price of an oil quick quick hitch plus your accessories and the tools hanging off the end of the dipper start to get close the price of the machine that's supporting them. I'd love to have one, but there are so many expenses that seem to come up every month that take priority....repairs, fuel, overhead, putting food on the table and so on and so forth.
Thanks for the reply! I feel like the oil quick would also be useful when hammering or using a hoepack. It would allow 1 machine to do both hammering & clearing or compacting & back-filling.