Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580sl Boom cylinder check valve question

Doug580l ยท 2023-01-29 11:41

I'm planning on putting new seals on the boom cylinder. I was looking at the service manual and it says to remove the check valve, which is mounted on the piston and reinstall it using Loctite 345-49. I can't find any reference to that online. Anyone know what I should use? I'm thinking maybe Loctite 545 or 243. The manual doesn't say how to apply the loctite to the threads like it does for the piston bolt so I'm thinking the Loctite 545 should be used? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2023-01-29 22:59

    Use the blue loc tite

  2. #2gggraham2023-01-30 09:29

    Clean the thread thoroughly, apply red or blue loctite. Be careful do not over torque because of the oil holes it's very easy to snap it off.

  3. #3Doug580l2023-01-30 09:51

    Thanks for the replies.

  4. #4Doug580l2023-01-30 09:56

    Thanks, good to know.