Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580SL Control Valve?

ddk114 ยท 2019-01-16 19:34

How long does a control valve usually last? This machine has 9800 hrs on it. The worst problem is that one stabilizer fails to hold. Some of the cylinders drift. I will be running a test on the stabilizer to see where the fault is tomorrow. If the test does come back as a faulty valve, would a complete valve overhaul be in order for all sections? Never went through this before, suggestions are welcome.

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2019-01-17 19:11

    If the stab. cyl. drops down overnight then you either have a cyl. piston seal problem or like you are thinking the problem is in the valve. As for the other cylinders drifting that is a load check issue in the valve usually. And sense you are going to remove the valve I would go through it completely.

  2. #2ddk1142019-01-17 20:27

    The stabilizer won't hold the weight of the machine when you swing to the side. I know they do drift overnight because he chains them up. Doesn't make too good of a stable platform to work from. I see that this valve is not just a single shaft, but has additional parts along side. Is that the load check part?

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-01-17 21:14

    Try the easiest solution first. Reseal the stabilizer cylinder with a complete kit. It would be a shame to go all through the control valve only to find it was a simple piston seal leaking.