Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

590 sm front axle won’t disengage

Tunneldigger ยท 2020-07-17 14:56

I have a hard time getting the front axle to disengage. I have to shut off, play with shifter, put in reverse , change gears, every combination i can think of. Then it goes out. Any suggestions?

Replies5
  1. #1Bls repair2020-07-17 15:25

    How is it if you lift front wheels off the ground?

  2. #2Tunneldigger2020-07-17 16:34

    I try about ever combination. I raise the front end to see if it is still engaged.

  3. #3Billrog2020-07-17 22:06

    My 580 SM has been doing the same thing for a few years now.

  4. #4Tunneldigger2020-07-18 21:17

    I use the loader to lift the front end up.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2020-07-19 19:33

    Check the voltage on your FWD solenoid the gear is normally applied when there is now power to solenoid. Check the relay and fuse connections along with harness connectors. Also check the main harness connector in cab.