Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 212SU hydraulic quick attach seal replacement…

Highwater1 ยท 2020-07-18 01:57

Just picked up a JCB 212SU in hopes that it will be a good general purpose farm machine. It came with a 4 in 1 and a set of forks, and I need to use the forks. But, the quick attach is hydraulic, and doesn't work. You switch a lever on the q/a to switch flow from the 4-in-1 to the Q/A pins, but nothing moves except quite a bit of hydraulic fluid leaking out around the Q/A pins. It sees like the next step is to use a jack to retract those pins.. but with the 4 in 1 on there, I can't see whether these cylinders can be opened up by unbolting things once the bucket is off, or if it's something special.. Anyone worked on one of these before and able to shed some light before I paint myself into a corner?

Replies6
  1. #1jcb jeff2020-07-20 03:12

    Hi Does it look like this which is the JCB tool carrier hitch. Jeff

  2. #2Highwater12020-09-03 13:06

    Oops, guess notifications were off.. Ya, looks like that, thanks. Can't say I see any easy way to get in there... yikes!

  3. #3barnbuilder2020-09-03 17:49

    I fixed the one I used to have. Spanner wrench and new orings. I don't think there was much to it.

  4. #4John Styers2025-06-19 17:13

    That is exactly what I have. Bottom right of diagram- I have replaced seals- It leaked- How can I get it to go back together?

  5. #5John Styers2025-06-19 17:14

    I guess I should say I did one side for leakage

  6. #6John Styers2025-06-19 17:19

    I have one too. Doing one side for leakage. Came Apart easy peasy - No Problem. Do you put pin in cap to reinstall. or insert pin and then cap. Ive tried both ways. Is this a deal for sledge hammer.