Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

590 super L FNR issue

Wilson892 · 2019-08-09 07:45

Bought this 590 and it moved fine. Had a number of electrical issues and I removed the cowl over the loader control to better access the wire harness which someone and butchered. Replaced a number of bad relay blocks and tightened connections. Also replaced some of the missing tellulites on back of instrument panel and now the alternator works. Problem is now when you put lever in f or r the tractor may or may not move or travels 10 to 50 ft and stops just like it fell out of gear. I can feel the f n r relays kick in and should have power to the solenoids. Could it be an issue with the numerous diodes they have in the circuit or ?? Don’t believe it’s the transmission since it worked fine before working on the electrical mess. I have the electrical schematic and everything seems to be in rite place and working as it should. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2019-08-09 14:56

    Check your voltage form your FNR switch and also your shuttle relay and timer relay and of course voltage to your solenoids.

  2. #2Wilson8922019-08-09 15:07

    Working on it right now. Voltage to solenoid 13.88 v. Does not drop off when tractor stops. At least at the fwd relay. You switch it back and forth and voltage always appears when asked to move but sometimes moves most times doesn’t and when it moves it kicks out just like voltage is cut. I guess I’ll have to connect closer to solenoid and check there. Thanks, John