Hey, hoping someone from this Forum can help me out! I've been lurking on many of the threads about the Case 580C's. Here's my dilemma, I bought a Case 580C, Not 100% sure on year yet, cab was burnt in a fire, however hydraulics, transmission, Engine and fuel tank weren't burnt. I'm hoping to get it home ASAP, So I have no key, or Start button on it, and I'm trying to figure out how to start the unit so I can lower my stabilizers and remove rims so I can get some new Rubber on. It's been sitting since Spring so not too long, Is it possible just to jump the starter and start the machine? If not, what would I need to put power to, to get it just running? If anyone has any suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get it home with making as minimal trips as possible! Thanks Everyone!
Also Should add that I wont be standing in front of the tire, or anywhere near the machine, as a safety precaution as I've heard many stories of people being crushed when they start in gear, and will be taking every safety precaution when jump starting this thing.
You can jump start the machine at the starter just make four speed transmission is in neutral and shuttle also. Use a remote starter button and stand aside just in case.
& depending on the inj. pump #.. U "might" have to run a hot wire to the top cover on the inj. pump.. "IF" it has an electric shut off solenoid..?? IF its manual sh-off MAKE SURE its in the RUN position.. & just because the cable is in the run position, doesn't nec. mean the shaft is.. I would loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS & spin the engine until fuel squirted out THEN tighten.. Pull the throttle MID to ALL THE WAY to full when attempting to start..
Thanks Guys, I think I'll be heading over this weekend, and see what I can get done. Ill keep everyone posted. Thanks!
Thanks Everyone, jumped the starter and we had her running in 20 minutes. Really appreciate the help.