Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

6.5 ton Chinese Mini Excavators on Aliexpress: 2 pieces for less than $2500 – What is the SCAM ?

Baxsie ยท 2026-02-24 11:49

For these two machines: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256810456362438.html "Dopamine" color Orange one They seem exceedingly cheap with some kind of super discount. Part of me wants to press "Checkout" just to see Oh, never mind: "The marked prices are all deposit CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight) 10% prices." Still - it says "$21K" Discount. If it was in the US I'd place my order and get a lawyer !

Replies6
  1. #1BC Placer gold2026-02-24 12:32

    For that price I guess I could be convinced to buy some Chinese 'junk' lol! Add a couple of each to my cart!

  2. #2Universal Parts2026-02-26 00:16

    I'm also a seller in China, and I'd like to offer a few suggestions that I hope will be helpful. It's almost impossible to buy this kind of machine at this price. Sellers on AliExpress China love this kind of low-price marketing; their ultimate goal is to get you to contact them for an inquiry before they give you a final price. With these unknown brands, if you don't try them out before buying, the return cost could far exceed the product's price.

  3. #3Universal Parts2026-02-26 00:21

    Price determines quality; Chinese counterfeit products are merely substitutes for those who can't afford the genuine article. Since a low price is chosen, high quality cannot be expected.

  4. #4aafadca2026-02-27 15:55

    Thank you very much for the info!

  5. #5Allan M2026-03-11 01:05

    "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is..." I was recently scammed out of $5k purchasing an ATV from a dealer in Chicago (online). The dealer had a great website, reputable with Better Business Bureau. It turns out that a scammer mirrored this dealer's website (hijacked it so to speak). I thought I was communicating with the dealer. I was actually communicating and sending money to a scammer in India. At my age, retired, you'd think I'd know better. I guess this helped me reign in my desire to get a ridiculously good deal. Those really don't exist. Personally, I wouldn't buy heavy equipment of any kind without inspecting first. There are guys on this site that have purchased Chinese made small excavators. You can also search this topic on YouTube where buyer's share their experiences. I think one guy bought a mini for around $5k. Maybe 3500 lbs. I don't think it was a piece of junk but I'd have no use for something that small. Good luck!

  6. #6Allan M2026-03-12 00:39

    One last thing and maybe the most important. Once your money is gone overseas--it's gone. No recourse. If the seller sends you junk or just keeps your money, what can you really do about it? Not much unless you're buying through a site like eBay, etc...that offers some level of insurance and/or guarantee. That's not to say that someone local might not do the same thing but it's less likely when you can look someone in eye and do a deal on a handshake.