Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

6 Way Case D450 Dozer & Backhoe

KPersico · 2022-09-24 13:01

Just purchased my first dozer for our property in upstate Ny. it’s a D450 Case with a 6 way blade with what appears to be a case construction 34 backhoe attachment. I’m looking to do some land clearing with it. I got it for $4,400. Engine runs as it should a little over 1k hours. Any advice from 450 owners? How did I do on price? I feel I got a bargain.

Replies3
  1. #1Lyle niemi2022-09-26 21:11

    Looks good !

  2. #2D5Dan2022-09-26 23:23

    That’s a cool piece!! Sorry I don’t know much about the 450…but I do know the yellow iron disease is real- once you get one, you’ll NEED another to “compliment” the first one!! I can say with your backhoe, run it about 1/2 throttle to get the hang of it…and during that slow/learning time really pay attention to the various pins to find your loose/wobbly ones. Plus you’ll be able to see how much hydraulic fluid weeps/leaks (and from where!). Once that “inventory” is complete, then you’ll have a solid baseline for knowing when you’ve gone from (regular) wear to worn out. If you find you like the machine (which I bet you will!), might consider adding a 3-position manual thumb to the backhoe- makes picking rocks/stumps/logs much easier. Welcome and keep the pics coming…I don’t often see those machines.

  3. #3Welder Dave2022-09-30 01:15

    That's a great price and a good looking machine. I wouldn't believe the hour meter though. Is it diesel? I imagine the dozer is very rear heavy with the hoe and levelling with the blade will be more difficult. I'd guess it's a quick attach hoe. If you remove it make sure to hook the hoses supplying the backhoe back together before starting the engine so you don't dead head the hyd. pump and blow it up. Should have quick couplers on the hoses.