Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D41P-6 tranny

southernman13 · 2022-09-24 17:22

B40029. This morning it started acting up. Few times didn’t want to drive forward or reverse vey well. I’ve had it act exactly like this before when the clutch pedal or inching pedal as it may be referred to was not pulled back all the way. It don’t take much if it’s stuck in even a 1/4 inch it will do that. However it wasn’t pushed in at all. So I checked trans fluid. It was a little low but was on the stick. I added some and off I went. I did fine for few minutes and same thing happens again got hesitant then just flat quit. No movement no noise. Shut it off sir a few minutes and it’ll take right off. But it repeats itself. All fluids where they need to be. I can hear a slight noise coming from where the damper is. I’ve never heard of this part and I see in manual it holds about a quart of oil. I know I’ve never checked it. Could this be the issue. Almost seems like something simple. But idk. Also the machine wasn’t hot at all hasn’t been running long when it happened. I think this is the komstat transmission. No display to check any codes. Old school machine. Been a fantastic dozer. Has right at 6k hours. Any ideas? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1bam19682022-09-24 18:13

    IDK about a D41P-6 but if it is similar to a D65EX-12 then I would say your damper is coming apart. Had a friend that had a D65EX-12 with your same symptoms and the damper was the problem.

  2. #2southernman132022-09-24 19:16

    Tenfo that’s what I’m thinking. I was hoping it was out or low on oil and that it’s kinda frozen or something. It will move so I should be able to get it back to the barn. That sounds better than a transmission fosho. But we’ll see thanks for the info