Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

6-way skid steer blade hydraulic hose connections won’t connect

ylekyote ยท 2016-04-25 20:31

I have a New Holland compact track loader with a CAT dozer blade I use with it sometimes. Today I went to connect and use blade and the 2 hoses from the blade won't press over and connect with the boom hoses. It's as if there is pressure in the boom side of the hoses and they wont let the blade hoses insert. I cycled machine on/off a few times and also moved and released the hydraulics but it didn't change anything. Has anyone had this happen before? The connections and blade worked just fine a couple of weeks ago. I was going to let it sit overnight and see if it works then. Maybe it will slowly bleed down over a few hours. I don't have a bleed down switch or anything like that on my New Holland. Thanks for the help if you may have a tip.

Replies6
  1. #1willie592016-04-25 20:39

    In most cases it's pressure on the attachment hoses. We come out of winter, spring gets here, temps warm up, oil in the attachment components expands, now you can't hook up the quick couplers. Typically cracking some lines on the attachment and relieving the pressure remedies the problem.

  2. #2jasona532016-08-07 01:41

    Would you sell the dozer attachment

  3. #3ilovetracks2018-03-17 22:48

    my gyro trac, I have to loosen hydro couplings sometimes and clicks right up

  4. #4RTSmith2018-05-03 09:51

    On the NH, turn key on (don't start engine), cycle parking switch, so that everything is in normal operate mode, except engine isn't actually running. THen cycle the aux hyd back & forth a few times. This generally clears it up on my Cat. As everybody else has said, on the attachment crack hoses.

  5. #5Rob Gunn2018-05-04 11:55

    My older Bobcat 630 I all ways keep a wrench in the cab so I could crack the coupling and relieve any presser. Very common on a lot of equipment.

  6. #6f311fr12018-05-12 17:40

    When you take the attachment off bleed the pressure off. ASV has a button, Cat and others have a deal where you push in the high flow couplers. After you disconnect hook the two attachment hoses together so that the thermal expansion equlizes through out the attachment hydraulic circuit