Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D100XR backhoe question

Alex1988 ยท 2016-04-26 08:55

I have picked up an 87 case trencher with only a front grader blade and rear D100XR backhoe. The backhoe is making a loud noise when only lowering the boom. The sound seems to be coming from a 2 port valve that is bolted to the cover on the swing gear. I have looked any many other pictures of this backhoe and have not seen one picture with this same valve. Attached is the picture and I hope someone on here will be able to tell me what it is, thank you.

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2016-08-17 15:54

    Did you get this issue figured out? If not, which hoses are going to that valve? I've never seen anything quite like it, but it should be simple to figure out if we know what's connected to it.

  2. #2Alex19882016-10-03 09:27

    Hi, sorry for the late reply. The in and out lines are coming from the main backhoe valve with lever to this valve in the picture and then continue to the boom cylinder. my guess is there maybe something wrong with the OEM control valve for the boom so someone added this to it? I am not 100% familiar with what this valve does, but doesn't it just divert the pressure?