Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

6 way tilt blade for Kubota Excavator KX91-3

garyleif ยท 2012-05-30 13:18

I have a KX91-3 Kubota Excavator. I have seen the KX121 Excavator and the new KX91's and they have a 6-in-one front blade. To me that front looks like it would fit on my Excavator, without any problems. I only see the control and hydraulics as a challenge. Has anyone put a 6-way tilt on a 4-way Excavator, successfully? It would seem like there would be a conversion to do that? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.. Thanks, Gary

Replies4
  1. #1lumberjack2012-05-30 18:54

    The 6 way blade really is the **** on the 121, although I would rather have it on a zero tail swing machine. Controls are indeed the problem as I see it. I can't imagine the rotating manifold has an extra hydro or power circuit. The quick solution I came up with (in my head) was mounting a battery, radio, and valving on the carbody. Pushing the radio's button would switch the hydro valve and allow the other function. The downside is the battery would have to be charged externally, which stinks, but another rotating manifold is powerfully expensive.

  2. #2Hendrik2012-06-03 00:20

    I am having trouble understanding why you would need a tilting blade on an ex? Personally I would want a sliding and angling blade, instead of tilting but I don't even have a float function on my KX41-3v

  3. #3lumberjack2012-06-03 00:54

    I like it best for leveling up on uneven areas, although using it for lite dozing is pretty handy!

  4. #4garyleif2012-06-04 14:35

    Sometimes we use it for making roads and since we don't have a dozer, having that tilt blade would make it very nice. We used a skip loader and it had the tilting blades.