Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Could you prove that you have operated excavators by one word or sentence?

lonkinggroup · 2012-05-30 04:47

How about we starting with a word or sentence to prove that we actually operated one excavtor? Ok, i will start first. I drive the backhand one.

Replies114
  1. #1JGS Parts2012-05-30 06:52

    It just went ****** BANG

  2. #2robin yates uk2012-05-30 07:41

    it's stuck !

  3. #395zIV2012-05-30 10:02

    Just because you can move the sticks doesn't make you an operator.

  4. #4pp13bnos2012-05-30 10:12

    Another fiber optic line?!?

  5. #5CRAFT2012-05-30 10:44

    "****" another one with Cat controls..........

  6. #6Ryanrb252012-05-30 17:29

    'that aircon is nice' or 'dont stand there'

  7. #7D11RCD2012-05-30 17:38

    Clunk

  8. #8buckfever2012-05-30 17:48

    "someone tell me thats not gas I smell."

  9. #9Greg2012-05-30 18:27

    You might think you can dig, but you sure as hell can't excavate

  10. #10CM19952012-05-30 19:15

    What do these joysticks do???:tong

  11. #11Buckethead2012-05-30 19:29

    Somebody's gotta move, I cant swing left or right with all these white hardhats on both sides of the trench!:tong

  12. #12DirtHauler2012-05-30 19:33

    "did you know that this bucket will actually hit the cab?"

  13. #13Pass'n thru2012-05-30 19:41

    Oooopsie

  14. #14Buckethead2012-05-30 19:57

    No cables, this must be one a them there newfangled hydraulic machines I heard about.

  15. #15jlange2012-05-30 20:02

    i didnt break it its was already like that

  16. #16Trashman2012-05-30 20:09

    Let me show you what the headache canopy on your dump truck is used for.........

  17. #17Ross2012-05-30 20:50

    "It's only two buckets to fill an 830 fella"

  18. #18John C.2012-05-30 21:25

    I only need one working track to get it there.

  19. #19willie592012-05-30 21:29

    Oh...that water line.

  20. #20Deere500a2012-05-30 21:36

    Give me a minute the you tube video is loading .

  21. #21Diagonal Brace2012-05-30 22:47

    so far DirtHauler wins.

  22. #22580bruce2012-05-31 00:33

    How close am I to that thing?

  23. #23robin yates uk2012-05-31 00:42

    er, there is a smoking wire in the trench

  24. #24robin yates uk2012-05-31 00:45

    there is water squirting out

  25. #25robin yates uk2012-05-31 00:47

    erm,I only touched the car gently, honest:beatsme

  26. #26928G Boy2012-05-31 00:47

    agreed. :drinkup

  27. #27robin yates uk2012-05-31 00:50

    the lady says her phone has stopped working:umno

  28. #28DirtHauler2012-05-31 01:14

    "100% success rate in locating buried utilities" :naughty :yup :nono

  29. #29abdul k2012-05-31 01:34

    "Normally the ground engaging tool is on the end of the stick and not behind the controls"

  30. #30lovethisjob2012-05-31 06:25

    Where's the boss, did he see that?

  31. #31alrman2012-05-31 07:55

    There should be a throttle lever here ....... somewhere ........

  32. #32OldandWorn2012-05-31 08:13

    Of course I have experience, the local "call before dig" office even has my picture on their wall right under the DEFCON scale.

  33. #33TheOldMan2012-05-31 10:56

    Hydraulic oil? Where'd all hat come from?

  34. #3495zIV2012-05-31 14:53

    One of these days I'll get this thing to go in the right direction, the first time I pull the travel levers.

  35. #35bigshow2012-05-31 17:41

    Let me get that fiber optic line outta that ditch so you boys can get a better look at it.

  36. #36joispoi2012-05-31 18:52

    Who cares if I can prove I do this.... I still can't believe they pay me for it!

  37. #37buckfever2012-05-31 19:33

    "Are you gonna call dad and tell him what happen or am I?"

  38. #38Permafrost-ed2012-05-31 20:01

    "Burrr.....it shure looks cold out there boys!!" (click...window closes) My first post! Hi everyone.

  39. #39DirtHauler2012-05-31 20:10

    Welcome to everyone who registered to post in this thread. I love it when a thread inspires people to finally sign up and make it official!!

  40. #40RandyT2012-05-31 20:28

    I’ve never operated an excavator, but I know that continuous double benching will cause premature failures.

  41. #41Water Doc2012-05-31 20:32

    "Who's going for coffee?"... closely followed by "I'll buy next week"

  42. #42blitz1382012-05-31 20:48

    bleeeping bleep get that bleeep bleep out of the bleep bleeping bleep......idiots

  43. #43Buckethead2012-05-31 21:26

    LOL! Good first post.

  44. #44Bluetop Man2012-05-31 21:37

    "Everybody stay back."

  45. #45Big Iron2012-05-31 22:57

    i can't believe that i broke the bottom window out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  46. #46illinoisboy2012-05-31 23:11

    "im really can operate one of these, its just that the controls are different on mine".....

  47. #47Panhandler Bob2012-06-01 07:08

    I would not stand there,was I you

  48. #48CM19952012-06-01 07:25

    Hey Boss, this needle thingy with the oil can on it is in the red. I may need some more gas.

  49. #49OMF2012-06-01 11:10

    Watch this.....

  50. #50roadbuilder62012-06-01 11:44

    shake

  51. #51j.r.2012-06-01 15:51

    take one more then we'll find it by hand

  52. #52Phill2012-06-01 17:45

    " So your the guy dating my daughter, nice to meet you"

  53. #53HEO Girl2012-06-01 18:07

    That random piece of concrete isn't anywhere near the sewer...

  54. #54CM19952012-06-01 18:58

    Inspector - "How long have you operated?" Operator - "Today and one more makes two.":tong

  55. #55Buckethead2012-06-01 19:07

    After the window closes, take your jacket off, so you're in a short sleeved t-shirt. And wipe your forehead like your sweating.

  56. #56ddigger2012-06-01 19:53

    Yes, that is my name on the side, why?

  57. #57thebaz2012-06-01 22:45

    I am guilty of this. I can't operate an excavator with anything other than ISO controls for the life of me after 20+ years of using the same setup. Comments like, "well Barry has never operated before and he got the hang of it after 30minutes" only add to the frustration.

  58. #58Fastdirt2012-06-01 23:29

    " Oh they'll get that when they final grade it" Lol. That's when you hold breath and wonder if you're day is gonna be great or a complete disaster in a split second.

  59. #59Digga Dave2012-06-02 01:40

    beep, beep, beep, CRUNCH. Foremans utility? Parked where?!? Do i look like i can see over my counter weight!!

  60. #60lovethisjob2012-06-02 19:22

    digga dave did u work for a earthmover called cross earth moving? In agnes.

  61. #61Hendrik2012-06-02 23:23

    I have two seasons, dust and mud, both make my machine dirty.

  62. #62Digga Dave2012-06-03 03:26

    No mate can't say I have. Mainly Gov work in South East Qld.

  63. #63DirtHauler2012-06-03 04:43

    A man who fails to fully latch the windshield in the up position learns something he can learn no other way. :duh ointhead

  64. #64ih1002012-06-03 04:57

    No, the shiny marks round the counterweight were on it when I got in this morning.

  65. #65stumpjumper832012-06-03 10:16

    or its 110 degrees out and muggy as s***t, and your in the cab, all closed up, ac crankin, wearing a hoodie and gloves... classic

  66. #66AustinM2012-06-03 10:54

    I seriously laughed out loud when I read this. I know I have and I'm sure most everyone (if not all) have been burned by this statement..... My other favorite on the thread is the "that random piece of concrete is no where near the sewer"

  67. #67Greg in KY2012-06-05 09:56

    Ya gotta know how dirt thinks.(this is true if it is a hand shovel or the biggest machine made)

  68. #68Colorado Digger2012-06-05 10:00

    uh, so this isn't 100 red mesa drive? good thing i only demoed the garage.

  69. #69JHESL2012-06-06 08:48

    Whadyamean, "the counterweight isn't supposed to be used to level the pile behind you!" ?

  70. #70CAT303 SR2012-06-22 05:37

    Grease !!

  71. #71CM19952012-06-22 09:16

    Yep, I have some on every pair of work pants and work shirts I own....

  72. #72SeaMac2012-06-22 18:15

    C'mon, just one more bite it'll be fine, I've found everything else this way, haven't I?

  73. #73FarmerAlex2012-06-22 19:10

    "Funny how there is all this tape in the ground with high voltage, must be an old dump site..."

  74. #74Permafrost-ed2012-06-22 20:20

    Nice one!

  75. #75SeaMac2012-06-23 11:23

    Oh crap, that was a Force Main wasn't it? Sorry guys, you might wanna wash off!

  76. #76Canadian_digger2012-06-23 12:26

    The words I hate the most Just one more bucket.

  77. #77sheepfoot2012-06-23 13:29

    Contractor, You need a smaller bucket on that machine ! no the plans said 36" when built between those pipes, will just remove the side cutters and corner teeth from my 36" bucket so there is no hand work! wow those bells are a little tight, glad I found that leak for you before we got to the next joint!.

  78. #78JimBruce422012-06-23 19:49

    "Your good to go, there's nothing buried here"

  79. #79Puppy2012-06-23 20:15

    Bang bang bang bang bang bang... Bang bang bang bang bang bang... Bang bang bang bang bang bang... Bang bang bang bang bang bang.....

  80. #80Taylortractornu2012-06-23 21:08

    Telling the boss. THe bad news is the hammer fell off. THe good news is that we found out 2 2 inch 4 braid hoses will hold it. Nothing can describe the scream of a truck driver when you level the load and accidentally spash sand on the hood of his new Pete

  81. #81FarmerAlex2012-06-23 21:25

    Mum always said i had musical talent, these gas pipes have a great ring to them when I'm using tiger teeth...

  82. #82SeaMac2012-06-23 21:29

    LOL! :nono

  83. #83jova872012-06-25 18:12

    UMMM!!!..(wait for Auto Idle to go down) forgot what i was gonna say, sry guys... lool

  84. #84jova872012-06-25 18:35

    eff off with your damn signals, i can see!!

  85. #85jova872012-06-25 18:37

    damn tree's are in the way, anybody gotta chainsaw.... YEAH right here

  86. #86Haddy2012-06-25 18:56

    So true !!!

  87. #87Haddy2012-06-25 18:58

    And this as well !!!

  88. #88SeaMac2012-06-25 19:01

    Dammit man, why'd you park in my swing radius? :cussing

  89. #89SeaMac2012-06-25 19:03

    Uhh 'scuse me, Driver? You're gonna need a new tarp.

  90. #90Permafrost-ed2012-06-25 19:55

    Me yelling at the new rookie operator..."stop digging with the painted end!!" Damn kid had dirt on top of the counter weight for pete's sake.

  91. #91JimBruce422012-06-25 20:19

    Sounds to me like somebody needs some more ground time and less seat time.... :Banghead

  92. #92KW850&T800H2012-06-26 00:31

    Something highleaders would know (yarders are close enough to excavators right? :tong "Slack the main and come ahead easy."

  93. #93buckfever2012-06-26 19:00

    He needed new sideboards anyways.

  94. #94RollOver Pete2012-06-26 20:54

    I few things bug me about this thread. #1..... theres a huge difference between a word and a sentence. #2.....to drive is a far cry from operating... #3.....unless theres money in it for me, why waste my time proving anything to someone?

  95. #95CM19952012-06-26 21:08

    Well spoken and very true.

  96. #96mike694402012-06-26 22:01

    Huh? It's not walking? Why is the track all bunched up like that?

  97. #97Beachbum02862012-06-27 21:17

    This (Insert least favorite brand here) is a slow POS, a (Insert favorite brand here) would out dig it any day!!

  98. #987Joys2012-06-30 10:36

    (new operator here) "I guess I can just rake that smooth after?"

  99. #997Joys2012-06-30 10:40

    Oooo, did that yesterday.

  100. #100RobVG2012-07-02 00:35

    Pucker

  101. #101fitzpatrick2012-07-04 14:18

    Ahhhh! There's the gas line!

  102. #102Doorvip9882012-07-05 17:42

    At 20 years old my company bought a brand new Hyundai with a 3 peice boom and the grapple came right thru the cab and pinned me to the seat so your post made me laugh. OSHA wasn't to thrilled with that machine.

  103. #103pp13bnos2012-07-23 17:53

    Wait a moment, i thought this pasture didnt have tile lines?? This happend last week as i was digging a pond.

  104. #104Rudolf732012-07-25 00:58

    No seriously, this is my first time in an excavator... Great thread btw :scool

  105. #105j.r.2012-07-27 16:38

    when i doubt rip it out!

  106. #106Greg in KY2012-07-27 16:48

    Heck, that ain't gonna cost nuthin' to fix compared to the time I.....

  107. #107Vern B2012-07-27 18:46

    I thought you called Miss Dig!!

  108. #108Dualie2012-07-28 01:16

    " I punched that dump truck driver right in the mouth "

  109. #109tuney4432012-07-28 15:40

    Ahh could have swore the last time I pushed those levers I was going forward,why am I going backwards now?

  110. #110fitzpatrick2012-07-28 15:46

    Turkey: I hear you. Why wouldn't the excavator makers have a valve that would allow for pushing forward makes the unit travel in the direction the house is pointed. Too much thinking tires me out. Brian

  111. #111Dr. Ernie2012-07-28 17:03

    ******g truck drivers .......

  112. #112tuney4432012-07-28 22:55

    I've been called worse I suppose there fitzpatrick,but it's tuney,not turkey.

  113. #113Welda2012-07-28 22:59

    I can dig it...

  114. #114Welda2012-07-28 23:20

    Oooops...