Purchased a 2006 850j lgp from Hollinger equipment, with known issues.. Pumps and finals seem to be in great shape. Been quite the job on crossbar rebuild. If anyone has experience with the 6081 8.1 I’d like to get some opinions on some issues I’m having with it. It’s giving bad rings symptoms, but not at times. Doesn’t smoke at all idling, temp gun has same temp at each cylinder, but oil consumption seems to be high just from running without blade on even After new turbo, and new seals installed. While running it will shoot out an occasional white puff of smoke for a second. Any input would help. Thanks.
View attachment IMG_1920.jpeg
An occasional puff of white smoke is most likely a puff of unburnt fuel. How much oil is it using?
Hard to say exactly, but it’s dumping a quart from just running it around the yard in a hour or so. Had a pretty reputable engine mechanic come by and said once I load it up hard for several hours it should get better. He checked out the load profile on the computer and it’s had several thousand idle hours. Which he says is terrible on that motor. From what im understanding it’s carboned up around the piston rings. I’m optimistic, but deep down something tells me I won’t be lucky enough to get the rings back right, lol. Also, the new turbo slobbered out the exhaust side when we installed it. It finally slacked up after about an hour of running