Hi what's the best way to remove the roll pin that keeps the axle nut from turning on the rear of a 621d case wheel loader. I tired a easy out and slid hammer but the easy out doesn't hold. thanks
Never saw one but have to wonder if the idea is to drive it in further to allow the nut to come off then once nut is out can it be removed to use to lock the nut once bearings are adjusted? Like I said, never saw one of these but it's just an idea I came up with! Assuming it is a factory original part.
Run a thread tap in it and use a bolt.
The roll pin is probably harder than a whore's heart. I would say that if it is factory, you should drive it in until the nut turns. I can't tell how big the pin is. Give us a reference point - how big is the nut.