need to find a way to come up with a replacment for this unavable part (143-4803) caterpillar has been little help and we have 3 of these scapers
One would think that it would be a pretty common thing as u would think all the scrapers would have a similar part.
all the f models used it and was told the g models did also some one knows the fix ?????????
Hi rdr, we had the same problem with 637e seat shock absorber, part number updated to complete seat section at a cost of several thousand dollars and seemed to be the only way you could buy it from Caterpillar. We ended up sourcing a shock out of a road truck seat, it was slightly different (longer I think) but fitted and worked fine. It also had a small lever on top to adjust it. Sorry can't give you any part numbers, but probably worth while trying this avenue.
We ran into a similar problem with a 769 haul truck, shock no longer available. What we did is one of the guys has a brother inlaw that deals in snowmobiles. He was able to match it up pretty close to a shock used on the front skis of one of those. Not adjustable but seems to work fair. Here's another option, might be out in left field but worth an email. If you have one of the shocks off to get measurements try contacting: http://www.progressivesuspension.com/c/contact Who knows they may make something close:beatsme
Not the same But I used a shock off a Bostrom truck seat on our 613 water pull (air seat) if you get the measurements there is one someplace that will work.
may have ran on to some thing seats r us shows to have a replacment for the cat f and g models. have emailed them and think we are on the right track. only one big problem they are located in brisbane australia ???? so we will see what happens
They are a good outfit to deal with,but if you have any problems let me know as they are less than an hour from home
I remember running into this same problem on B model scrapers. I found a NOS cylinder somewhere for one and I think a hydraulic shop fixed or sourced the other one.
Cat updated the complete suspensions and for some unknown reason cancelled the shock. There is no way to get it fromCat. I know some of the G motor graders had the same issue.
well i think it is time we all have a talk with caterpillar. i been through this on other parts in the past. we pay a big price to buy cat. and then they decide they cant make money supporting us with parts . so you need to buy the new thing.[ but when we made the machine this was the best money could buy ????????????] we have over 20 cat machines and think it is time to stand up to cat and say you sold it you support it .
I was talking to a bloke from Seats R Us last night down at my local and he said they are now manufacturing in house a whole lot of superseded Caterpillar seat parts and are flatout doing it so you guy's can still buy new and improved.
Any chance they have a US distributor? How about a link to them where we could see what they are working on?
www.seatsrus.com.au As far as I know there are no US distributors, they are a fairly small business so you can communicate with the owner.
well been over a year and half .and still nothing from seats r us . or cat found a steering shock that fits but last 200 hr at best ??? seams once sold new cat dosent give a ****************
Mate, thats pretty sad. If you PM me your details I'm more than happy to give them a serve on your behalf.
Have you tried through KAB? I know they have made quite a few of the seat systems that come on Cats from the factory, unsure on pans.
tones I have a print on the seat and shock we sent it to seats r us . I will look for it tomorrow . if I can pm you I will have not done that yet. thanks ron
catfixer we will do the bob grill some time I will call you .kab did not make the seat when I find the print I have the name of the maker we talked to them. no help. the shock was made in candada that was where we ran aground . at one point seats r u thought they could get them made in I think Germany .but never got back to us and we sent many emails with no replay . not mad at them cat is the one that let us down they don't give a :::: . and this is not the first part they let us down on .
well found a fix for the seat shock a company called QA1 builds shocks for raceing and off road they were very helpful and there tech people machted up a shock that is the right size and lenth and has the adjment that I needed so we now have that taken care of .[ on help from cat ]
Too late for me as I'm retired but glad to hear you found a replacement.