I'm new to to forum. While running a 623 B today the floor wouldn't slide back, the ejector wouldn't push, and the can wouldn't go up. I tried to open the floor using ground pressure but no go. The paddles, steering, etc still worked just not the things mentioned. The hydraulic fluid was all the way up to the cap, which seemed a little weird. Any help would be appreciated. I'm guessing a valve or something?
I'm guessing you lost a pump, it's been a long time but as I recall the elevator motor (paddles) has it's own pump and the steering runs off the back of one or the other (I'm channeling 613's also, so don't quote me). Vickers vanes anybody?
I should have mentioned that the can had good down pressure, thank you for the respose
One of ours did that once, and it had sucked a bunch of air in it. I cant remember off the top of my head where it was coming from, one of the pump seals I think, I do remember taking the hyd. oil cap off and having the operator cycle the ejector and having a gyser of oil come out the top of the tank to get some of the air out. Is the oil really foamy?
no, the oil isn't foamy
How much oil was in the sight glass at start of shift? The 623b has 2 pumps on it attached to the pump drive at the rear of the transmission. Each of these pumps has 2 cartridges inside that provide oil to different functions. I can't remember off hand which one does what, but it sounds as though you has lost the drive to one of the pumps. If you remove the pumps you will find a splined reducer from the gear to the pump, maybe the splines are worn off. Just something to check. Good luck.
check to make sure the valve is not loose or missing bolts also in the hydraulic tank there is a rbber coupler hose that gets brittle and fails
thank you, I just moved on from that company because they couldn't keep the 623 running, which is what I was hired to run. Instead I ended up on old, crappy, stiff neck, push pull Terex's. Which would also break down, leaving me to run yet another piece of junk (each with their own mechanical problems, like missing gears, slow hydraulics.......) sooner or later someone was going to get hurt. I gave them a few days so I didn't leave them short in the seat. Thanks for the help.