Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

627E “6EB00484” Transmission isn’t shifting correctly

joelmartin · 2026-03-12 20:31

Rear scraper number is 6EB00479 The warning light by the neutral switch stays lit. Codes are 168 F01. 700 F02. 700 F07. Seems to the operator that the rear isn't doing it's part. Where to start? I'm newer to scrapers than many of you. Also the foot throttle rod beside the engine seems goofy, that section that's maybe 8 inches with 2 adjustable joints can't be adjusted and the front part seems to be kind of stretched.. I'll send a picture

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2026-03-12 20:32

    Got a Serial Number for the front tractor as well.?

  2. #2joelmartin2026-03-12 20:36

    Yes, I apologize it's hidden in the topic headline. 6EB00484

  3. #3Nige2026-03-12 20:57

    Gotcha. I think you may have a digit wrong somewhere though. 6EB00484 for the tractor appears to be a good number, built August 1986. The scraper (rear end) will be a different S/N prefix to the front. By any chance is the scraper S/N 6FB 00479 rather than 6EB.?

  4. #4joelmartin2026-03-12 21:38

    I attached a picture of the plate..I think you may be correct.. It's rather worn.

  5. #5joelmartin2026-03-12 21:40

    I attached a picture of the plate..I think you may be correct

  6. #6joelmartin2026-03-12 21:43

    Not sure why it doesn't like the picture

  7. #7Nige2026-03-12 22:14

    Wrong format maybe.? I think it only accepts jpeg images. Use the “attach files” paperclip icon below the text box.

  8. #8joelmartin2026-03-12 22:37

    I had a close look and the only digit that is debatable is the "F" and I see what you mean, I recently added another machine in SIS and I can see E is the tractor and F is the wagon So : rear s/n = 6FB00479

  9. #9Nige2026-03-13 11:24

    First thing you will need is an electrical schematic. That's why getting both Serial Numbers was key in identifying which was the correct one. Check your message inbox. I would suggest that you troubleshoot the 168 F01 first as it refers to a low system voltage. The EPTC-II transmission control cannot be guaranteed to operate correctly if the system voltage is significantly lower than nominal. Then proceed to the two CID 700 Codes both of which relate to the performance of the EPTC-II itself.

  10. #10greasynails2026-03-29 20:08

    You're out of sync. Do you have another control box on the rear under the hood and towards the front of the machine that has 3 rows of green leds? Can you get a picture of the leds when the red light is on in the dash?