Got a contact looking for a complete rear diff assembly for a 627H, Group Part Number 5T-1250. Location Europe for preference but anywhere else considered. Apparently the same Part Number fits 627E, F, G, H, & K models Apart from Machinery Trader does anyone have any leads.?
Or failing a used one, can someone take a look at their Cat dealer website and check what is the availability of a new unit in the Parts system.?
Here is what it's saying in western Pennsylvania I could phone them up in the am yo see if it's available or not.
If you wouldn't mind that would be much appreciated. "Contact dealer" is often a euphemism for "there's nothing in stock anywhere in the known Universe".
Will do Ill report back
No dice unavailable here
As I suspected. When you spoke to the dealer did they happen to mention what the estimated time frame was for one to be available.?
No they didn't the not so great parts person answered. They seemed to think the number need broke down to separate components.
You know what.? They're right. It is listed as a "Std Grp" therefore is not available as an assembly only as piece parts. F'keddy f'keddy ***k........... So as a complete assembly a used one is going to be the only way to go.
https://portlandtractor.com/ You could try calling these guys, that part doesn't show up on their website but it might be worth calling them. They can usually find it somewhere if it exists in my experience.
Thanks for the link. Will pass it on.
https://parts.rdw.com.au/differential-gp-657g-rear-6g3570 In Brisbane Australia
Looking for a 627 rear diff, not a 657.... Although TBH as a scraper I prefer the 657.
Sorry bout that, I just had a quick look before dashing off to work.
They can't even seem to get a possible date
Does any other model interchange with the need diff a 637 particularly
Unfortunately not. The usage of the diff is limited to the 5 models of 627 scraper that I listed above. The additional problem about getting a new one from a dealer is that even they can't order one complete from Cat. It has to be ordered as piece parts (55 line items) through the Parts System and be assembled in their shop before delivery. Looking at 150 days delivery, I don't know which line item(s) are the holdup for getting it any quicker. Latest news is that apparently a used assembly has been located in Spain. No more updates as yet.
Ok it seems locally the only pans left in the junk piles are 637s of various models.
Thanks for trying anyway. It seems as though finding 627s in breaker's yards is like looking for hen's teeth. Then again the 637 always far outsold the 627 which probably explains why there is very little in the way of used 627 components around.
Yes,over here in the UK I worked with only 2 outfits that ran 627’s.I found them abit numb to be honest. TS24’s and 637’s were more popular by a long shot.621’s were allmost non existent. 631’s were the choice of many contractors too
I don't guess a 621 diff would work? There is 2 of them 10 miles from me that have been sitting for over 10 years. I know 1 of them is complete, the other is less the 3408 engine.
621 scrapers don't have a diff. or a 3408. Bob
Now that ypu say that.......I remembered
Contacted them. No dice unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion.
It’s been so long since I have seen those scrapers I don’t remember the model now. I,m positive they are both 3408 engines though.
These blokes have a used one listed here at the moment. https://www.dgitrading.com/
As I recall the 627 had a 3406 front and a 3306 in the rear.
Yes John,although some of the earlier ones were 3306 in the front aswell if my memory is working.I only ever drove them,or helped the fitters with them,so not sure
Has one got located I've got a lead on one.