Hello Gents, I now have a John deere 544B that i would like to use the 6329DT motor as a donor for my 1980 750 Crawler Dozer which has a 6068T (and a connecting rod through the block). My question to all of you John Deere Folks out there is will it work? Will it fit? It looks very close so will i have any issues when transplanting them? @mg2361 - I know you know the answer
A 6068 is the newer number designation for a 6414 engine so I'm thinking you're going to be severely under powered going to a 6329. Update, I just looked at the Deere website at the non-current equipment brochures and it shows a 544B as also having the 414 engine, I'll have to do a bit more checking.
I have never done an engine swap between a 750 and a 544 so I am not sure. Since the engines (whether it be a 6068, 6329 or 6414) are 300 series engines with non-structural blocks I don't see why it wouldn't work. The block mountings should all be the same (maybe post pictures of the two engines). The spec for the 544B engine is 115 HP. The spec for the 750 is 122 HP. Probably close enough. Let us know what you decide and how you make out. That way I learn something too .
If you do indeed have a 544B it should have the 6414 engine in it. If so, it should be a fairly easy swap.