Ok guys, I have a wee problem I would appreciate some help with please. I have an old Komatsu WA250-1 wheel loader that I recently acquired. I have done less than 20hours on it since purchase and have just encountered a problem of Engine oil in the coolant and not just a trace but it quite quickly dropped the oil off the end of the dipstick. I have removed the oil cooler from the side of the block and it actually looks ok but have not pressure tested yet. Has anyone else encountered this problem to give me the heads up as to where to look next please? Cheers
i had the same problem with my 8310r john deere tractor and turns out it was the EGR cooling valve had it replaced now works good not sure if that will help u any
If I remember correctly, they had a Komatsu version of a B series Cummins. Having said that, head gasket, look on the R/H side of the engine at the water pump end, if you have a small leak between the head and block, the head is likely warped as well. Hope this helps.
You can’t tell by looking at it. You have to use air pressure and set the cooler in tub of water to see bubbles. A shop that works on truck radiators will likely have the what is needed to properly check the cooler. How many hours do you have on this machine?