Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

642b bobcat

jjtiffe ยท 2018-01-17 13:22

How to fix creeping forward on 642b bob cat.It starts creeping as soon as you start it

Replies5
  1. #1crewchief8882018-01-17 18:11

    most likely the cams and centering bars are worn out... the centering spring/bolt may be loose, broken or fell off...

  2. #2xgiovannix122018-01-17 19:38

    this thread should have all the information needed to fix the creeping issue HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3crewchief8882018-01-18 13:04

    The steering system on the 40 series machines are completely different from the 50 series and later machines

  4. #4xgiovannix122018-01-18 17:29

    right I forgot about that I owned a 743 and it was different as well I should of known better

  5. #5mike_belben2018-01-22 08:57

    Just recenter the stop blocks on the sides of the pump and get it as best you can. Theres a good chance on that vintage machine that the bushings in the control rods and between the steer levers on the rockshaft near your calves is all shot. Replacing them will be a huge help. Theres a source on ebay who makes all sort of parts for them.